FIR against LJP MLA for violating model code
Aurangabad: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) MLA Vijay Kumar Singh alias Dabloo Singh was on Thursday booked for allegedly violating the model code of conduct for elections in Bihar.
The FIR was registered by the Block Development officer of Barun here against the LJP leader following the District Magistrate`s directions, official sources said.
The MLA has been charged with engaging his men to dig a canal for irrigation at his own cost, a step allegedly violating the code which came into force from Monday evening
following announcement of the poll schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH