FIR against LJP MLA for violating model code
Aurangabad: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) MLA Vijay Kumar Singh alias Dabloo Singh was on Thursday booked for allegedly violating the model code of conduct for elections in Bihar.
The FIR was registered by the Block Development officer of Barun here against the LJP leader following the District Magistrate`s directions, official sources said.
The MLA has been charged with engaging his men to dig a canal for irrigation at his own cost, a step allegedly violating the code which came into force from Monday evening
following announcement of the poll schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video