FIR against MP Chief Minister set aside by Patna HC
Patna: The Patna High Court on Thursday set aside an FIR lodged against Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan for allegedly making provocative speech against people of Bihar five years ago.
Justice Aditya Kumar Trivedi set aside the FIR registered against the MP Chief Minister by a complainant Murad Ali in Bettiah in 2009.
The complainant had alleged that Chauhan, at an inauguration of a factory at Satna in Madhya Pradesh in 2009, had allegedly said people from Bihar would not be provided job in the factory.
Chauhan`s advocate told the court that his utterances were misquoted and he had issued a clarification at that time itself and had said people from Bihar were welcome for employment in his state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi