FIR against MP Chief Minister set aside by Patna HC
Patna: The Patna High Court on Thursday set aside an FIR lodged against Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan for allegedly making provocative speech against people of Bihar five years ago.
Justice Aditya Kumar Trivedi set aside the FIR registered against the MP Chief Minister by a complainant Murad Ali in Bettiah in 2009.
The complainant had alleged that Chauhan, at an inauguration of a factory at Satna in Madhya Pradesh in 2009, had allegedly said people from Bihar would not be provided job in the factory.
Chauhan`s advocate told the court that his utterances were misquoted and he had issued a clarification at that time itself and had said people from Bihar were welcome for employment in his state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what