FIR lodged against JD(U) MLA for assault, looting
Motihari: An FIR was lodged on Sunday against JD(U) MLA Shivji Rai and his four supporters by an engineer for allegedly assaulting him and looting Rs 38,690 from him at his office under Pakridayal police station area in Bihar`s East Champaran district, police said.
The Electricity Board junior engineer Rakesh Keshari in his FIR charged the MLA and his supporters Vijay Jaiswal, Mithilesh Jaiswal, Manoj Kushwaha and Shambhu Keshri with barging into his office, assaulting him and looting Rs 38,690 which had been collected from power consumers.
Keshari further alleged that the JD(U) MLA and his men dragged him in their vehicle and left him in Dubrana village after he raised an alarm.
The injured engineer had been admitted to a hospital, police said.
The JD(U) MLA trashed all charges levelled against him and said that the FIR had been lodged to tarnish his image.
Rai alleged that he had made a telephonic call to the engineer for taking "unjust" money from power consumers against bills, but the latter had lodged the FIR to divert attention from his own corrupt ways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth