FIR lodged against JD(U) MLA for assault, looting
Motihari: An FIR was lodged on Sunday against JD(U) MLA Shivji Rai and his four supporters by an engineer for allegedly assaulting him and looting Rs 38,690 from him at his office under Pakridayal police station area in Bihar`s East Champaran district, police said.
The Electricity Board junior engineer Rakesh Keshari in his FIR charged the MLA and his supporters Vijay Jaiswal, Mithilesh Jaiswal, Manoj Kushwaha and Shambhu Keshri with barging into his office, assaulting him and looting Rs 38,690 which had been collected from power consumers.
Keshari further alleged that the JD(U) MLA and his men dragged him in their vehicle and left him in Dubrana village after he raised an alarm.
The injured engineer had been admitted to a hospital, police said.
The JD(U) MLA trashed all charges levelled against him and said that the FIR had been lodged to tarnish his image.
Rai alleged that he had made a telephonic call to the engineer for taking "unjust" money from power consumers against bills, but the latter had lodged the FIR to divert attention from his own corrupt ways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug