FIR lodged for making threatening calls to Bihar MP
Patna: An FIR was on Monday registered against
unidentified persons charging them with making threatening
calls and extortion demands from ruling JD(U) Lok Sabha MP
from Samastipur Maheshwar Hazari.
The FIR was registered with the Secretariat Police
Station here following directive of Director General of Police
Neelmani, Assistant Superintendent Police Satyavir Singh said.
Hazari complained that he had received an SMS from an
unknown number 9162862750 threatening that his son would be
killed if the former failed to meet the extortion demand of Rs
50 lakh soon, he said.
Later, the MP also received four similar messages from
other mobile phones whose numbers were: 9572820808,
8084186777, 8401581123 and 9661574074, Singh said.
Hazari had received the messages when he was at his North
Srikrishnapuri residence here, the ASP said, adding that the
further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack