FIR lodged for making threatening calls to Bihar MP
Patna: An FIR was on Monday registered against
unidentified persons charging them with making threatening
calls and extortion demands from ruling JD(U) Lok Sabha MP
from Samastipur Maheshwar Hazari.
The FIR was registered with the Secretariat Police
Station here following directive of Director General of Police
Neelmani, Assistant Superintendent Police Satyavir Singh said.
Hazari complained that he had received an SMS from an
unknown number 9162862750 threatening that his son would be
killed if the former failed to meet the extortion demand of Rs
50 lakh soon, he said.
Later, the MP also received four similar messages from
other mobile phones whose numbers were: 9572820808,
8084186777, 8401581123 and 9661574074, Singh said.
Hazari had received the messages when he was at his North
Srikrishnapuri residence here, the ASP said, adding that the
further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat blasted on Twitter for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar | WATCH his controversial video
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?
- Rainy Monday morning in Delhi
- Woman allegedly raped by Nigerian national in Goa