FIR lodged for making threatening calls to Bihar MP
Patna: An FIR was on Monday registered against
unidentified persons charging them with making threatening
calls and extortion demands from ruling JD(U) Lok Sabha MP
from Samastipur Maheshwar Hazari.
The FIR was registered with the Secretariat Police
Station here following directive of Director General of Police
Neelmani, Assistant Superintendent Police Satyavir Singh said.
Hazari complained that he had received an SMS from an
unknown number 9162862750 threatening that his son would be
killed if the former failed to meet the extortion demand of Rs
50 lakh soon, he said.
Later, the MP also received four similar messages from
other mobile phones whose numbers were: 9572820808,
8084186777, 8401581123 and 9661574074, Singh said.
Hazari had received the messages when he was at his North
Srikrishnapuri residence here, the ASP said, adding that the
further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works