Fire incidents kill 25 in Bihar
Patna: At least 25 people were burnt to death and many more injured in different incidents of fire across Bihar since Friday, police said Saturday.
"We have received information that different fire incidents claimed the lives of 25 people. Five people each were killed in Patna and Samastipur, there were four deaths in a fire in Bettiah, three lives each were lost in Vaishali and Rohtas, two in Bagha and one each in Buxar, Nawada and Bhojpur," a police official said.
Incidents of fire were also reported from Begusarai, Munger, Araria and Siwan districts.
According to police officials, more than 2,000 houses were gutted in incidents of fire in the last one day, and over a dozen animals were charred to death.
Bihar Disaster Management Minister Renu Kumari Kushwaha announced compensation of Rs.2 lakh to the kin of each of those killed in the fire incidents.
An official in Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s office told a news agency Saturday that directives have been issued to ensure that preventive measures are taken this summer so that fires do not spread.
Last year, 1,058 fire incidents were reported in Bihar, in which 67 people were killed.
In 2011, 3,724 fire incidents took place and 94 lives were lost.
In 2010, there were 4,479 fire incidents and 129 people lost their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015