First all-women police station in Bihar
Biharsharif: The first all-woman police
station in Bihar was inaugurated by Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar in Nalanda district on Monday.
The police station, set up at the district
headquarters here, will deal with complaints from women on
atrocities, family disputes and related matters.
The women police will also arrange for counselling for
couples facing marital discords and costs incurred for it will
be borne by the complainants, Kumar said.
The state government will set up 39 more all-women
police stations across the state, he added.
Sub-inspector Anju Kumari has been made the station
house officer of the first all-woman police station and all
cases related to atrocities and other crimes concerning women
lodged at various police stations in the district would be
transferred to it for investigation, district superintendent
of police Jitendra Rana said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case