First FIR registered against Nirmal Baba
Patna: An FIR has been registered against godman Nirmal Baba in Bihar, reports said on Sunday.
The FIR was filed at a police station in Bihar’s Araria district, and accuses Nirmal Baba of fraud and cheating.
Sources said the police may seek an arrest warrant against the godman from the court tomorrow.
Nirmal Baba alias Nirmaljeet Singh Narula came to limelight following several allegations of cheating and fraud against him in several states.
He has been accused of amassing over Rs 100 crores in just three months.
As per reports, Nirmal Baba at his congregations asks for 10 per cent of the salary from all those who visit him to seek solutions to their problems.
He also charges Rs 2,000 from every participant who wishes to be a part of his commune, `samagam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him