First FIR registered against Nirmal Baba
Patna: An FIR has been registered against godman Nirmal Baba in Bihar, reports said on Sunday.
The FIR was filed at a police station in Bihar’s Araria district, and accuses Nirmal Baba of fraud and cheating.
Sources said the police may seek an arrest warrant against the godman from the court tomorrow.
Nirmal Baba alias Nirmaljeet Singh Narula came to limelight following several allegations of cheating and fraud against him in several states.
He has been accused of amassing over Rs 100 crores in just three months.
As per reports, Nirmal Baba at his congregations asks for 10 per cent of the salary from all those who visit him to seek solutions to their problems.
He also charges Rs 2,000 from every participant who wishes to be a part of his commune, `samagam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145