Five burnt to death in Bihar`s Banka district
Patna: Five people, including a former village body head, were burnt to death when a group of men attacked them and set their vehicle on fire in Bihar`s Banka district, police said Sunday. One person has been arrested and 15 people have been booked for the crime.
Prayag Yadav, the former head of Tilkara panchayat, and four of his supporters were killed Saturday night near Bhaljore More in Banka, about 170 km from here.
The five were on their way to Jhalar village when a group of men attacked them with bombs and opened fire, said Superintendent of Police Shyam Kumar.
"First the criminals attacked Yadav`s vehicle, which then overturned as the driver lost control. The assailants opened fire, poured petrol on the vehicle and set it ablaze. Yadav and others were burnt alive inside the vehicle," Kumar said.
Inspector General of Police (Bhagalpur range) Vinay Kumar said the killing could be because of an old enmity between Prayag Yadav and current village body head Babu Lal Yadav.
A person identified as Madhusudan Yadav has been arrested and a search is on for the other culprits, Kumar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement