Five burnt to death in Bihar`s Banka district
Patna: Five people, including a former village body head, were burnt to death when a group of men attacked them and set their vehicle on fire in Bihar`s Banka district, police said Sunday. One person has been arrested and 15 people have been booked for the crime.
Prayag Yadav, the former head of Tilkara panchayat, and four of his supporters were killed Saturday night near Bhaljore More in Banka, about 170 km from here.
The five were on their way to Jhalar village when a group of men attacked them with bombs and opened fire, said Superintendent of Police Shyam Kumar.
"First the criminals attacked Yadav`s vehicle, which then overturned as the driver lost control. The assailants opened fire, poured petrol on the vehicle and set it ablaze. Yadav and others were burnt alive inside the vehicle," Kumar said.
Inspector General of Police (Bhagalpur range) Vinay Kumar said the killing could be because of an old enmity between Prayag Yadav and current village body head Babu Lal Yadav.
A person identified as Madhusudan Yadav has been arrested and a search is on for the other culprits, Kumar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional