Five drown in Bihar, two dead
Sitamarhi: Three boys drowned in
the Gandak river in Bihar`s East Champaran district while two more died in the Baghmati river in Sitamarhi district on Sunday, the police said.
Munnalal Sah (13), his younger brother Guddu Sah (10) and Md. Salauddin Ansari (12), all natives of Misraulia Pathshala Tola, fell accidently in the Gandak river and drowned, SHO of Govindganj police station Sanjeev Kumar said.
Two bodies have been recovered while the third is feared to have been washed away.
In the other incident, Purushottam Jha and Chunnu Jha were taking a bath in the swollen Baghmati river at Dhanukhi village in the Riga police station area of Sitamarhi district when they lost balance in the strong current and drowned.
The bodies were sent for a post-mortem, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!