Five drown in Bihar, two dead
Sitamarhi: Three boys drowned in
the Gandak river in Bihar`s East Champaran district while two more died in the Baghmati river in Sitamarhi district on Sunday, the police said.
Munnalal Sah (13), his younger brother Guddu Sah (10) and Md. Salauddin Ansari (12), all natives of Misraulia Pathshala Tola, fell accidently in the Gandak river and drowned, SHO of Govindganj police station Sanjeev Kumar said.
Two bodies have been recovered while the third is feared to have been washed away.
In the other incident, Purushottam Jha and Chunnu Jha were taking a bath in the swollen Baghmati river at Dhanukhi village in the Riga police station area of Sitamarhi district when they lost balance in the strong current and drowned.
The bodies were sent for a post-mortem, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Department of Posts fails to pay tax, CBEC faults officials
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores