Five drown in Bihar, two dead
Sitamarhi: Three boys drowned in
the Gandak river in Bihar`s East Champaran district while two more died in the Baghmati river in Sitamarhi district on Sunday, the police said.
Munnalal Sah (13), his younger brother Guddu Sah (10) and Md. Salauddin Ansari (12), all natives of Misraulia Pathshala Tola, fell accidently in the Gandak river and drowned, SHO of Govindganj police station Sanjeev Kumar said.
Two bodies have been recovered while the third is feared to have been washed away.
In the other incident, Purushottam Jha and Chunnu Jha were taking a bath in the swollen Baghmati river at Dhanukhi village in the Riga police station area of Sitamarhi district when they lost balance in the strong current and drowned.
The bodies were sent for a post-mortem, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane