Five drown in Bihar, two dead
Sitamarhi: Three boys drowned in
the Gandak river in Bihar`s East Champaran district while two more died in the Baghmati river in Sitamarhi district on Sunday, the police said.
Munnalal Sah (13), his younger brother Guddu Sah (10) and Md. Salauddin Ansari (12), all natives of Misraulia Pathshala Tola, fell accidently in the Gandak river and drowned, SHO of Govindganj police station Sanjeev Kumar said.
Two bodies have been recovered while the third is feared to have been washed away.
In the other incident, Purushottam Jha and Chunnu Jha were taking a bath in the swollen Baghmati river at Dhanukhi village in the Riga police station area of Sitamarhi district when they lost balance in the strong current and drowned.
The bodies were sent for a post-mortem, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you