Five IEDs recovered in Ranchi
Ranchi: Five Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), four of them weighing 60-kg each, hidden by Naxals in a forested area here, were recovered on Saturday by security forces.
Four boxes, each containing an IED weighing 60-kg, and
a can with a 20-kg explosive device, were found in Badarmara
hills by jawans of the 133 CRPF battalion, official sources
The boxes and the can were buried in the forested area
by the Naxals, they said.
The IEDs were handed over to police, the sources said
adding the operation to detect the explosives began late last
In the past one week, CRPF has recovered 306 kgs of
IEDs in Naxal-hit areas and in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley