Five IEDs recovered in Ranchi
Ranchi: Five Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), four of them weighing 60-kg each, hidden by Naxals in a forested area here, were recovered on Saturday by security forces.
Four boxes, each containing an IED weighing 60-kg, and
a can with a 20-kg explosive device, were found in Badarmara
hills by jawans of the 133 CRPF battalion, official sources
The boxes and the can were buried in the forested area
by the Naxals, they said.
The IEDs were handed over to police, the sources said
adding the operation to detect the explosives began late last
In the past one week, CRPF has recovered 306 kgs of
IEDs in Naxal-hit areas and in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?