Five IEDs recovered in Ranchi
Ranchi: Five Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), four of them weighing 60-kg each, hidden by Naxals in a forested area here, were recovered on Saturday by security forces.
Four boxes, each containing an IED weighing 60-kg, and
a can with a 20-kg explosive device, were found in Badarmara
hills by jawans of the 133 CRPF battalion, official sources
The boxes and the can were buried in the forested area
by the Naxals, they said.
The IEDs were handed over to police, the sources said
adding the operation to detect the explosives began late last
In the past one week, CRPF has recovered 306 kgs of
IEDs in Naxal-hit areas and in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends