Five, including 4 women, die of drinking spurious liquor
Samastipur: Five persons, including four women, died and about a dozen others fell sick after they consumed spurious liquor at Bihar`s Samastipur district, police said.
Several villagers consumed the liquor after which the four women died last night at Kashipur under Sadar police station area, police said adding that another person breathed his last at a government hospital.
About a dozen others fell sick after consuming the liquor and were being treated at a nearby hospital, they said.
Those who lost their lives were identified as Ashok Rai (40), Shobha Devi (45), Chinta Devi (60), Rajni Devi (56) and Sanju Devi (50), sources said.
The district authorities have ordered a probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown