Five, including 4 women, die of drinking spurious liquor
Samastipur: Five persons, including four women, died and about a dozen others fell sick after they consumed spurious liquor at Bihar`s Samastipur district, police said.
Several villagers consumed the liquor after which the four women died last night at Kashipur under Sadar police station area, police said adding that another person breathed his last at a government hospital.
About a dozen others fell sick after consuming the liquor and were being treated at a nearby hospital, they said.
Those who lost their lives were identified as Ashok Rai (40), Shobha Devi (45), Chinta Devi (60), Rajni Devi (56) and Sanju Devi (50), sources said.
The district authorities have ordered a probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!