Five, including 4 women, die of drinking spurious liquor
Samastipur: Five persons, including four women, died and about a dozen others fell sick after they consumed spurious liquor at Bihar`s Samastipur district, police said.
Several villagers consumed the liquor after which the four women died last night at Kashipur under Sadar police station area, police said adding that another person breathed his last at a government hospital.
About a dozen others fell sick after consuming the liquor and were being treated at a nearby hospital, they said.
Those who lost their lives were identified as Ashok Rai (40), Shobha Devi (45), Chinta Devi (60), Rajni Devi (56) and Sanju Devi (50), sources said.
The district authorities have ordered a probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Pakistan