Five, including 4 women, die of drinking spurious liquor
Samastipur: Five persons, including four women, died and about a dozen others fell sick after they consumed spurious liquor at Bihar`s Samastipur district, police said.
Several villagers consumed the liquor after which the four women died last night at Kashipur under Sadar police station area, police said adding that another person breathed his last at a government hospital.
About a dozen others fell sick after consuming the liquor and were being treated at a nearby hospital, they said.
Those who lost their lives were identified as Ashok Rai (40), Shobha Devi (45), Chinta Devi (60), Rajni Devi (56) and Sanju Devi (50), sources said.
The district authorities have ordered a probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok