Five, including 4 women, die of drinking spurious liquor
Samastipur: Five persons, including four women, died and about a dozen others fell sick after they consumed spurious liquor at Bihar`s Samastipur district, police said.
Several villagers consumed the liquor after which the four women died last night at Kashipur under Sadar police station area, police said adding that another person breathed his last at a government hospital.
About a dozen others fell sick after consuming the liquor and were being treated at a nearby hospital, they said.
Those who lost their lives were identified as Ashok Rai (40), Shobha Devi (45), Chinta Devi (60), Rajni Devi (56) and Sanju Devi (50), sources said.
The district authorities have ordered a probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming