Five killed as train rams into car at unmanned crossing near Sugauli
Motihari: Five persons of a marriage party were killed when a train engine rammed into a car at an unmanned railway crossing in Bihar`s East Champaran district, police said today.
Due to the impact of the collision, the car was dragged for over one kilometre on the railway track last night, the police said.
The marriage party was on way to Sikhandi village when the mishap took place near Sugauli.
While three persons died on the spot, two others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital.
Train services resumed after the tracks were cleared.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'