Five killed as train rams into car at unmanned crossing near Sugauli
Motihari: Five persons of a marriage party were killed when a train engine rammed into a car at an unmanned railway crossing in Bihar`s East Champaran district, police said today.
Due to the impact of the collision, the car was dragged for over one kilometre on the railway track last night, the police said.
The marriage party was on way to Sikhandi village when the mishap took place near Sugauli.
While three persons died on the spot, two others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital.
Train services resumed after the tracks were cleared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!
- UN council condemns North Korea missile launches, vows new measures
- PDP, Centre not on same page, meet between Mehbooba Mufti and PM Modi critical: Defence expert