Five killed as train rams into car at unmanned crossing near Sugauli
Motihari: Five persons of a marriage party were killed when a train engine rammed into a car at an unmanned railway crossing in Bihar`s East Champaran district, police said today.
Due to the impact of the collision, the car was dragged for over one kilometre on the railway track last night, the police said.
The marriage party was on way to Sikhandi village when the mishap took place near Sugauli.
While three persons died on the spot, two others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital.
Train services resumed after the tracks were cleared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America