Five killed as train rams into car at unmanned crossing near Sugauli
Motihari: Five persons of a marriage party were killed when a train engine rammed into a car at an unmanned railway crossing in Bihar`s East Champaran district, police said today.
Due to the impact of the collision, the car was dragged for over one kilometre on the railway track last night, the police said.
The marriage party was on way to Sikhandi village when the mishap took place near Sugauli.
While three persons died on the spot, two others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital.
Train services resumed after the tracks were cleared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened