Five killed as train rams into car at unmanned crossing near Sugauli
Motihari: Five persons of a marriage party were killed when a train engine rammed into a car at an unmanned railway crossing in Bihar`s East Champaran district, police said today.
Due to the impact of the collision, the car was dragged for over one kilometre on the railway track last night, the police said.
The marriage party was on way to Sikhandi village when the mishap took place near Sugauli.
While three persons died on the spot, two others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital.
Train services resumed after the tracks were cleared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says