Five more infants die in Malda hospital
Malda: Five more babies have died in the Malda Medical College and Hospital since yesterday, taking the toll in the crib deaths at the facility to 12 in two days.
Hospital sources today said the five under-weight infants were aged between 0-30 days and suffering from malnutrition and respiratory problem.
While three of them were born in the hospital, two were referral cases, the sources said.
The government hospital had been in the news for the death of 23 infants due to an unspecified illness in June.
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary