Five more infants die in Malda hospital
Malda: Five more babies have died in the Malda Medical College and Hospital since yesterday, taking the toll in the crib deaths at the facility to 12 in two days.
Hospital sources today said the five under-weight infants were aged between 0-30 days and suffering from malnutrition and respiratory problem.
While three of them were born in the hospital, two were referral cases, the sources said.
The government hospital had been in the news for the death of 23 infants due to an unspecified illness in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore