Five persons held for allegedly gangraping a girl in Bihar
Sasaram: Five persons were arrested on Thursday for allegedly gangraping a girl in an industrial area in Bihar`s Rohtas district, a police official said.
Acting on a complaint by the victim, the police nabbed the accused persons from several places, Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
The five persons had persuaded the girl to come with them at the premise of the sick Rohtas Cottage Industry where they allegedly traped her, he said.
The girl has been taken to a hospital for medical examination, Maharaj said.
The victim has given a statement before a magistrate under section 164 of the CRPC narrating that she was raped by the accused persons, the SP said.
Some liqour bottles and cigarette packets have been recovered from the site when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'