Five persons held for allegedly gangraping a girl in Bihar
Sasaram: Five persons were arrested on Thursday for allegedly gangraping a girl in an industrial area in Bihar`s Rohtas district, a police official said.
Acting on a complaint by the victim, the police nabbed the accused persons from several places, Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
The five persons had persuaded the girl to come with them at the premise of the sick Rohtas Cottage Industry where they allegedly traped her, he said.
The girl has been taken to a hospital for medical examination, Maharaj said.
The victim has given a statement before a magistrate under section 164 of the CRPC narrating that she was raped by the accused persons, the SP said.
Some liqour bottles and cigarette packets have been recovered from the site when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail
- I'm against honouring Malala Yousafzai with Nobel Peace Prize: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar