Five persons held for allegedly gangraping a girl in Bihar
Sasaram: Five persons were arrested on Thursday for allegedly gangraping a girl in an industrial area in Bihar`s Rohtas district, a police official said.
Acting on a complaint by the victim, the police nabbed the accused persons from several places, Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
The five persons had persuaded the girl to come with them at the premise of the sick Rohtas Cottage Industry where they allegedly traped her, he said.
The girl has been taken to a hospital for medical examination, Maharaj said.
The victim has given a statement before a magistrate under section 164 of the CRPC narrating that she was raped by the accused persons, the SP said.
Some liqour bottles and cigarette packets have been recovered from the site when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday