Five persons held for allegedly gangraping a girl in Bihar
Sasaram: Five persons were arrested on Thursday for allegedly gangraping a girl in an industrial area in Bihar`s Rohtas district, a police official said.
Acting on a complaint by the victim, the police nabbed the accused persons from several places, Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
The five persons had persuaded the girl to come with them at the premise of the sick Rohtas Cottage Industry where they allegedly traped her, he said.
The girl has been taken to a hospital for medical examination, Maharaj said.
The victim has given a statement before a magistrate under section 164 of the CRPC narrating that she was raped by the accused persons, the SP said.
Some liqour bottles and cigarette packets have been recovered from the site when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!