Five persons held for allegedly gangraping a girl in Bihar
Sasaram: Five persons were arrested on Thursday for allegedly gangraping a girl in an industrial area in Bihar`s Rohtas district, a police official said.
Acting on a complaint by the victim, the police nabbed the accused persons from several places, Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
The five persons had persuaded the girl to come with them at the premise of the sick Rohtas Cottage Industry where they allegedly traped her, he said.
The girl has been taken to a hospital for medical examination, Maharaj said.
The victim has given a statement before a magistrate under section 164 of the CRPC narrating that she was raped by the accused persons, the SP said.
Some liqour bottles and cigarette packets have been recovered from the site when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender