Five policemen killed in Naxal attack in Bihar
Zee Media Bureau
Aurangabad: At least five policemen were killed in a Naxal attack in Aurangabad, Bihar on Wednesday, the police said.
The Naxals also tried to destroy a bridge in Aurangabad district.
State Director General of Police Abhayanand told PTI that the three policemen belonged to Special Auxilliary Police Unit while the other two deceased were private security guards at the site of the construction of a culvert in the district.
Around 50 armed ultras arrived at the culvert in Goh area in the district and exploded bombs in a bid to destroy it.
However, the culvert suffered minor damages in the attack, the DGP said.
A gunfight erupted when a police contingent in the form of reinforcement reached the spot on getting the information about the Maoist attack. The ultras fired at the security personnel who retaliated.
Casualty or injury on the side of the red rebels could not be ascertained. A combing operation was on, the DGP added.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?