Five women struck down by lightning
Motihari: Five women died after lightning struck them at a village in Bihar`s East Champaran distrct on Friday, the police said.
Some women and children were standing under a neem tree in a field at Agarwa village to avoid heavy rains when the lightning struck them.
The victims were identified as Lalsa Devi (20), Sanjha Devi (20) Sugia Devi (35), Ramlati Devi (60) and Chandrakala Devi (50).
Two others, a woman and a boy, suffered burn injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone