Flood situation improves in Bihar
Patna: There was marked improvement in the
overall flood situation in Bihar with rivers Sone and Ganga
receding as over two lakh people continued to reel under the
recent spell of floods in different districts.
The water level of Ganges receded from 44 cm and 36 cm
above the danger mark to 22 cm and 16 cm at Gandhi Ghat
(Patna) and Hathidah, respectively.
Similarly, the Sone too maintained receding trend as its
water level went down to six cm from yesterday`s 44 cm above
the danger mark at Maner in Patna district, a Central Water
Commission report said.
Rohtas, Aurangabad, Saran and Bhojpur districts have been
severely affected by the floods.
Official sources said the situation improved in Rohtas,
which was the worst-hit district because of floods where
several villages under Nauhatta, Rohtas, Tilathu, Dehri And
Akodhi Gola blocks were inundated due to flood following
discharge of 2.22 lakh cusec water from Indrapuri Barrage at
Tilauthu in river Sone yesterday.
National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel were
still engaged in carrying out relief and rescue operations in
Around 50,000 people were affected by floods in the
The flood water of the Ganges, which had yesterday
submerged the National Highway near Doriganj in Saran district
affecting road traffic between Patna and Gopalganj for several
More than 1.5 lakh people have been affected by flash
floods in Saran district, the sources said.
CWC report said Burhi Gandak was flowing just 15 cm
above the danger mark at Khagaria, while Kosi touched the
danger mark at Kursela and Basua this morning.
Other rivers like Bagmati, Kamala Balan, Punpun and
Gandak were flowing below the danger mark along their course
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi