Flood situation improves in Bihar
Patna: There was marked improvement in the
overall flood situation in Bihar with rivers Sone and Ganga
receding as over two lakh people continued to reel under the
recent spell of floods in different districts.
The water level of Ganges receded from 44 cm and 36 cm
above the danger mark to 22 cm and 16 cm at Gandhi Ghat
(Patna) and Hathidah, respectively.
Similarly, the Sone too maintained receding trend as its
water level went down to six cm from yesterday`s 44 cm above
the danger mark at Maner in Patna district, a Central Water
Commission report said.
Rohtas, Aurangabad, Saran and Bhojpur districts have been
severely affected by the floods.
Official sources said the situation improved in Rohtas,
which was the worst-hit district because of floods where
several villages under Nauhatta, Rohtas, Tilathu, Dehri And
Akodhi Gola blocks were inundated due to flood following
discharge of 2.22 lakh cusec water from Indrapuri Barrage at
Tilauthu in river Sone yesterday.
National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel were
still engaged in carrying out relief and rescue operations in
Around 50,000 people were affected by floods in the
The flood water of the Ganges, which had yesterday
submerged the National Highway near Doriganj in Saran district
affecting road traffic between Patna and Gopalganj for several
More than 1.5 lakh people have been affected by flash
floods in Saran district, the sources said.
CWC report said Burhi Gandak was flowing just 15 cm
above the danger mark at Khagaria, while Kosi touched the
danger mark at Kursela and Basua this morning.
Other rivers like Bagmati, Kamala Balan, Punpun and
Gandak were flowing below the danger mark along their course
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why