`Flood vacation` for schools in Bihar`s flood-prone districts
Patna: Students of hundreds of government schools in Bihar`s 20 flood-prone districts will get a "flood vacation" during the rainy season and not a summer vacation this year, an official said Saturday.
"There will be no summer vacation in government schools in the flood-prone 119 blocks in 20 districts," RS Singh, an official of education department said.
Arguing that school-going children are deprived of their education during floods, Singh said: "We have decided not to have a summer vacation in government schools, and instead have a flood-vacation to compensate."
Among the flood-prone districts are Purnea, Araria, Kishanganj, Muzaffarpur, Katihar, Supaul, Saharsa, Gopalganj, Begusarai, Saran, Vaisali, Khagaria, Samastipur, Lakhisarai and Madhepura.
In Bihar, government schools will be closed for summer vacation from May 26 to June 7.
"The summer vacation will be for schools in 18 districts, which are not flood-prone or and affected by drought," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video