`Flood vacation` for schools in Bihar`s flood-prone districts
Patna: Students of hundreds of government schools in Bihar`s 20 flood-prone districts will get a "flood vacation" during the rainy season and not a summer vacation this year, an official said Saturday.
"There will be no summer vacation in government schools in the flood-prone 119 blocks in 20 districts," RS Singh, an official of education department said.
Arguing that school-going children are deprived of their education during floods, Singh said: "We have decided not to have a summer vacation in government schools, and instead have a flood-vacation to compensate."
Among the flood-prone districts are Purnea, Araria, Kishanganj, Muzaffarpur, Katihar, Supaul, Saharsa, Gopalganj, Begusarai, Saran, Vaisali, Khagaria, Samastipur, Lakhisarai and Madhepura.
In Bihar, government schools will be closed for summer vacation from May 26 to June 7.
"The summer vacation will be for schools in 18 districts, which are not flood-prone or and affected by drought," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena