Flood victims blame Bihar officials
Gopalganj: The flood-hit people of
Gopalganj district, where the river Gandak on its changed
course breached a newly built ring bund this morning after
cracking an embankment on September 15, are angry at the
administration for not taking proper step to save their lives
Pankaj Kumar Gupta of Semaria village near which the
bund was breached criticised the local MLA, Ram Pravesh Rai,
also a minister, saying "We are facing such a situation as he
had failed to inform the administration in time that the
rickety bund would not be able face the onslaught of Gandak."
An old person of Sarkara village Budhan Manjhi charged
the government officials with deliberately delaying to save
the bund. "Had they taken proper measures, the bund would not
have caved in."
Gharmati Devi of the same village is cut up with the
media. She said "you people have no time for the sufferers
like us except for taking pictures of politicians.. first we
were facing drought like situation now the river had washed
away everything. How shall we survive in months to come?"
"There would be no no work for us for the next few
months as we have to wait for the flood waters to receede from
the fields," she said.
The affected people are leaving to safer places and
relief camps leaving behind their belongings.
The flood waters of swollen river Gandak entered several
villages of Barauli block after the new ring bund
collapsed in a stretch of 30 metres near Simeria village this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31