Fodder scam: CBI court frames charges against Lalu
Patna: A CBI court today framed charges
against former Bihar chief ministers Lalu Prasad and Jagannath
Mishra and ruling JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma in connection with the
multi-crore fodder scam.
Charges were also framed against former RJD MP R K Rana
in connection with the case.
Designated CBI Judge V K Srivastava framed the charges
against them in the case relating to fraudulent withdrawals of
around Rs 46 lakh by officials of state animal husbandry
department from Banka and Bhagalpur treasuries through fake
enforced bills between 1994-96.
During the period, Prasad was the Chief Minister of
Prasad alleged that he has been falsely implicated in the
case and the "CBI had not procured gubernatorial nod for
prosecution in this case".
The central investigative agency had charge sheeted them
in this conspiracy angle case on March 3, 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'