Fodder scam: CBI court frames charges against Lalu
Patna: A CBI court today framed charges
against former Bihar chief ministers Lalu Prasad and Jagannath
Mishra and ruling JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma in connection with the
multi-crore fodder scam.
Charges were also framed against former RJD MP R K Rana
in connection with the case.
Designated CBI Judge V K Srivastava framed the charges
against them in the case relating to fraudulent withdrawals of
around Rs 46 lakh by officials of state animal husbandry
department from Banka and Bhagalpur treasuries through fake
enforced bills between 1994-96.
During the period, Prasad was the Chief Minister of
Prasad alleged that he has been falsely implicated in the
case and the "CBI had not procured gubernatorial nod for
prosecution in this case".
The central investigative agency had charge sheeted them
in this conspiracy angle case on March 3, 2003.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed