Fodder scam: CBI court frames charges against Lalu
Patna: A CBI court today framed charges
against former Bihar chief ministers Lalu Prasad and Jagannath
Mishra and ruling JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma in connection with the
multi-crore fodder scam.
Charges were also framed against former RJD MP R K Rana
in connection with the case.
Designated CBI Judge V K Srivastava framed the charges
against them in the case relating to fraudulent withdrawals of
around Rs 46 lakh by officials of state animal husbandry
department from Banka and Bhagalpur treasuries through fake
enforced bills between 1994-96.
During the period, Prasad was the Chief Minister of
Prasad alleged that he has been falsely implicated in the
case and the "CBI had not procured gubernatorial nod for
prosecution in this case".
The central investigative agency had charge sheeted them
in this conspiracy angle case on March 3, 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH