Fodder scam convict Jagdish Sharma released on bail
Ranchi: Disqualified JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma, who was convicted in a fodder scam case, was released today from jail on bail.
"He was released around 3 pm after getting bail documents," a senior jail official said here.
Sharma, who was convicted and sentenced to four years imprisonment by a special CBI court in October last year, obtained bail from the Supreme Court.
Along with Lalu Prasad, Sharma lost his Lok Sabha seat following the conviction. Lalu is also out on bail.
The two were among the 45 convicted by the court on September 30 last year in the fodder scam case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury when Lalu was the Chief Minister of undivided Bihar.
Barring former IAS officer Beck Juleus, all the rest convicts have got bail in the case, according to Lalu`s advocate Prabhat Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda