Fodder scam convict Jagdish Sharma released on bail
Ranchi: Disqualified JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma, who was convicted in a fodder scam case, was released today from jail on bail.
"He was released around 3 pm after getting bail documents," a senior jail official said here.
Sharma, who was convicted and sentenced to four years imprisonment by a special CBI court in October last year, obtained bail from the Supreme Court.
Along with Lalu Prasad, Sharma lost his Lok Sabha seat following the conviction. Lalu is also out on bail.
The two were among the 45 convicted by the court on September 30 last year in the fodder scam case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury when Lalu was the Chief Minister of undivided Bihar.
Barring former IAS officer Beck Juleus, all the rest convicts have got bail in the case, according to Lalu`s advocate Prabhat Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters