Fodder scam convict Jagdish Sharma released on bail
Ranchi: Disqualified JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma, who was convicted in a fodder scam case, was released today from jail on bail.
"He was released around 3 pm after getting bail documents," a senior jail official said here.
Sharma, who was convicted and sentenced to four years imprisonment by a special CBI court in October last year, obtained bail from the Supreme Court.
Along with Lalu Prasad, Sharma lost his Lok Sabha seat following the conviction. Lalu is also out on bail.
The two were among the 45 convicted by the court on September 30 last year in the fodder scam case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury when Lalu was the Chief Minister of undivided Bihar.
Barring former IAS officer Beck Juleus, all the rest convicts have got bail in the case, according to Lalu`s advocate Prabhat Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!