Fodder scam convict Jagdish Sharma released on bail
Ranchi: Disqualified JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma, who was convicted in a fodder scam case, was released today from jail on bail.
"He was released around 3 pm after getting bail documents," a senior jail official said here.
Sharma, who was convicted and sentenced to four years imprisonment by a special CBI court in October last year, obtained bail from the Supreme Court.
Along with Lalu Prasad, Sharma lost his Lok Sabha seat following the conviction. Lalu is also out on bail.
The two were among the 45 convicted by the court on September 30 last year in the fodder scam case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury when Lalu was the Chief Minister of undivided Bihar.
Barring former IAS officer Beck Juleus, all the rest convicts have got bail in the case, according to Lalu`s advocate Prabhat Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today