Fodder scam convict Jagdish Sharma released on bail
Ranchi: Disqualified JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma, who was convicted in a fodder scam case, was released today from jail on bail.
"He was released around 3 pm after getting bail documents," a senior jail official said here.
Sharma, who was convicted and sentenced to four years imprisonment by a special CBI court in October last year, obtained bail from the Supreme Court.
Along with Lalu Prasad, Sharma lost his Lok Sabha seat following the conviction. Lalu is also out on bail.
The two were among the 45 convicted by the court on September 30 last year in the fodder scam case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury when Lalu was the Chief Minister of undivided Bihar.
Barring former IAS officer Beck Juleus, all the rest convicts have got bail in the case, according to Lalu`s advocate Prabhat Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games
- Volkswagen gets preliminary approval for US diesel settlement
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE