Fodder scam: Lalu to wait for fresh date
Ranchi: RJD president Lalu Prasad, who was asked by a special CBI court to record his statement in a fodder scam case on Friday, will have to wait for a fresh date after the judge was relieved on Thursday.
"Judge Sitaram Prasad has been promoted as Lohardaga district judge and has been relieved. Now the new judge will fix a fresh date for recording of the case," Prasad`s advocate Prabhat Kumar said here.
A CBI counsel had on January 30 said the court of Sitaram Prasad had fixed February 6 for Prasad`s appearance before it to record his statement in connection with a case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 84.53 lakh from Deogarh Treasury during his tenure as chief minister in the 1990s.
Later, on the request of Prasad`s counsel, the court had fixed February 7 to carry out the exercise.
Prasad was found guilty in a case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa treasury by another special CBI court on September 30 last year. He is presently on bail.
The special CBI court had ended 46 out of 53 fodder cases in convictions in the Rs 950 crore AHD scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?