Fodder scam: Lalu to wait for fresh date
Ranchi: RJD president Lalu Prasad, who was asked by a special CBI court to record his statement in a fodder scam case on Friday, will have to wait for a fresh date after the judge was relieved on Thursday.
"Judge Sitaram Prasad has been promoted as Lohardaga district judge and has been relieved. Now the new judge will fix a fresh date for recording of the case," Prasad`s advocate Prabhat Kumar said here.
A CBI counsel had on January 30 said the court of Sitaram Prasad had fixed February 6 for Prasad`s appearance before it to record his statement in connection with a case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 84.53 lakh from Deogarh Treasury during his tenure as chief minister in the 1990s.
Later, on the request of Prasad`s counsel, the court had fixed February 7 to carry out the exercise.
Prasad was found guilty in a case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa treasury by another special CBI court on September 30 last year. He is presently on bail.
The special CBI court had ended 46 out of 53 fodder cases in convictions in the Rs 950 crore AHD scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'