Fodder scam: Lalu to wait for fresh date
Ranchi: RJD president Lalu Prasad, who was asked by a special CBI court to record his statement in a fodder scam case on Friday, will have to wait for a fresh date after the judge was relieved on Thursday.
"Judge Sitaram Prasad has been promoted as Lohardaga district judge and has been relieved. Now the new judge will fix a fresh date for recording of the case," Prasad`s advocate Prabhat Kumar said here.
A CBI counsel had on January 30 said the court of Sitaram Prasad had fixed February 6 for Prasad`s appearance before it to record his statement in connection with a case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 84.53 lakh from Deogarh Treasury during his tenure as chief minister in the 1990s.
Later, on the request of Prasad`s counsel, the court had fixed February 7 to carry out the exercise.
Prasad was found guilty in a case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa treasury by another special CBI court on September 30 last year. He is presently on bail.
The special CBI court had ended 46 out of 53 fodder cases in convictions in the Rs 950 crore AHD scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video
- Lord Hanuman's idols are fully smeared with sindoor – Here's why
- These car companies are offering purchase discount of upto Rs 1 lakh
- Actor-turned-politician Roopa Ganguly injured in 'Trinamool' attack
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video