Follow the Centre in minority quota issue: Cong
Patna: Bihar Congress on Saturday demanded the
state government to arrange for provision for reservation
within the OBC quota for minorities for jobs in Bihar.
Talking to reporters, Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee
president Choudhary Mahboob Ali Kaiser said the Centre had
done a "remarkable work" by making a provision for providing
4.5 per cent reservation for minority within the OBC quota.
Kaiser said the Nitish Kumar government should also
follow the same arrangement for reservation for minorities,
otherwise the party would launch a statewide agitation.
Alleging that the minorities in Bihar had been victims
of several `condemnable` incidents under the NDA rule, he said
several members of the minority community were killed in
police firing in Forbesganj and Jamui and the government had
failed to take appropriate action against the policemen.
He said the minorities accounted for 25 per cent of
the population and the Centre had launched a multi-sectoral
development project in Muslim dominated districts.
"But the project has failed to take off in Bihar and
the funds provided under this scheme has not been properly
utilised in seven selected districts in Bihar," he said.
Kaiser also held the Nitish Kumar government
responsible for alleged neglect of Urdu, Arabic and Persian
languages in Bihar.
The state government had reduced the budget for Urdu
Academy in Bihar, Kaiser claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Anil Kumble dismisses having conflict of interest in becoming coach
- Air India to fly unconfirmed first AC passengers of Rajdhani
- Vijay Mallya to be declared PO if he doesn't turn up by July 27
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions