Following Maoist threat engineers stop work
Gaya: Engineers and officials today
stop to work at Power Grid Corporation of India`s proposed
sub-station at Matihani in Naxal hit Gaya district after
Maoists threatened them to stop work, official sources said.
The Maoists had threatened to punish officials and
engineers engaged in construction of sub-station if they
failed to stop work on the project from today, sources said.
Gaya District Magistrate Sanjay Kumar confirmed that the
engineers, labourers and officials have returned to Gaya
following the threat.
We are taking appropriate steps to re-start the work on
the project, he said.
Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had in April
this year laid the foundation stone of the Rs 600 crore power
sub-station of PGCIL to facilitate better transmission in
Bihar and Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'