Footfalls in PHCs have skyrocketed: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Footfalls in government-run primary health centres in Bihar have skyrocketed to 8,000 per month from a paltry 39 when he assumed power in 2005, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said today while announcing a slew of measures to augment medical services to the people.
"As a result of improvement in the health sector, the footfalls in the PHCs have skyrocketed to 8,000 every month according to a recent survey," he told a function held to launch different health schemes worth Rs 420.20 crore to strengthen the medicare system of the state.
Health formed the core activity of his government, Kumar said, adding that majority of the population now relies on government hospitals and health centres.
He said 534 blocks in the state will have a minimum of one additional primary health centre which would work 24X7. MRI and CT scan machines would be installed in public- private partnership in every medical university in Bihar in the next six months.
All 36 district hospitals will have CT scan and dialysis facilities in the next six months, he said. Besides, every district hospital will have a four-bed intensive care unit. All district hospitals would have facilities of physiotherapy and occupational therapy from January 15 next year, he said.
In the next one year, a master plan will be prepared for all medical universities and hospitals for strengthening infrastructure and beautification, Kumar said.
An eye-bank will be set up and one of the state hospitals will have facility for kidney transplantation. Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences in Patna, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical University in Bhagalpur and Darbhanga Medical University will have tertiary cancer care centre, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof