Footfalls in PHCs have skyrocketed: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Footfalls in government-run primary health centres in Bihar have skyrocketed to 8,000 per month from a paltry 39 when he assumed power in 2005, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said today while announcing a slew of measures to augment medical services to the people.
"As a result of improvement in the health sector, the footfalls in the PHCs have skyrocketed to 8,000 every month according to a recent survey," he told a function held to launch different health schemes worth Rs 420.20 crore to strengthen the medicare system of the state.
Health formed the core activity of his government, Kumar said, adding that majority of the population now relies on government hospitals and health centres.
He said 534 blocks in the state will have a minimum of one additional primary health centre which would work 24X7. MRI and CT scan machines would be installed in public- private partnership in every medical university in Bihar in the next six months.
All 36 district hospitals will have CT scan and dialysis facilities in the next six months, he said. Besides, every district hospital will have a four-bed intensive care unit. All district hospitals would have facilities of physiotherapy and occupational therapy from January 15 next year, he said.
In the next one year, a master plan will be prepared for all medical universities and hospitals for strengthening infrastructure and beautification, Kumar said.
An eye-bank will be set up and one of the state hospitals will have facility for kidney transplantation. Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences in Patna, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical University in Bhagalpur and Darbhanga Medical University will have tertiary cancer care centre, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested