For Nitish, law & order continues to be a priority
Patna: Listing priorities for further
improving law and order in Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
has said he would not tolerate crime under any circumstances.
Further improvement on the law and order front, drive
against Maoists, maintenance of communal harmony, tackling
crimes on wheels and land disputes would be the priorities of
his government, Kumar said while reviewing the overall law and
order situation in Bihar during a three-hour long meeting with
top police officials late Saturday night.
Immediate steps be taken for filling up around 8,800
vacant posts of SAP personnel besides appointment of 10,000
constables besides continuing speedy trials, he told the
meeting attended also by Principal Secretary to state Home
Department Amir Subhani, Director General of Police Neelmani,
ADG (Headquarters) BK Thakur, ADG Law and Order BN Rai and
ADG (special Branch) S Nimbram.
The Chief Minister said necessary equipment and
resources would be made available for tackling extremism,
setting up of bomb and landmines disposal squads, and
procuring GPS system, bullet proof jackets, HF Manpacks and
He also laid thrust on monitoring all cases of land
disputes and settling them on priority basis.
Kumar directed the officials to take steps to control
railway crime like loot, dacoity and molestation of women in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head