For Nitish, law & order continues to be a priority
Patna: Listing priorities for further
improving law and order in Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
has said he would not tolerate crime under any circumstances.
Further improvement on the law and order front, drive
against Maoists, maintenance of communal harmony, tackling
crimes on wheels and land disputes would be the priorities of
his government, Kumar said while reviewing the overall law and
order situation in Bihar during a three-hour long meeting with
top police officials late Saturday night.
Immediate steps be taken for filling up around 8,800
vacant posts of SAP personnel besides appointment of 10,000
constables besides continuing speedy trials, he told the
meeting attended also by Principal Secretary to state Home
Department Amir Subhani, Director General of Police Neelmani,
ADG (Headquarters) BK Thakur, ADG Law and Order BN Rai and
ADG (special Branch) S Nimbram.
The Chief Minister said necessary equipment and
resources would be made available for tackling extremism,
setting up of bomb and landmines disposal squads, and
procuring GPS system, bullet proof jackets, HF Manpacks and
He also laid thrust on monitoring all cases of land
disputes and settling them on priority basis.
Kumar directed the officials to take steps to control
railway crime like loot, dacoity and molestation of women in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!