Forbesganj firing: LJP demands probe
Patna: LJP on Monday demanded a probe either
by a sitting High Court judge or CBI into the Forbesganj
police firing that killed four persons.
"We are averse to an inquiry by a retired judge of the
high court ... Nothing short of an inquiry either by a sitting
judge of Patna High Court or CBI will be acceptable to us,"
LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan told a rally against the June 3
incident in Araria district in which four persons were killed.
Stating that inquiry by a retired judge took a lot of
time in submission of report, Paswan said the Bhagalpur Riot
Commission was going on since 1989.
The role of Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi and BJP MLC
Ashok Agarwal in land acquisition at Forbesganj should also be
probed, he said.
He demanded that the Bihar government announce an
ex-gratia payment of Rs 30 lakh each to the next of the kin of
the deceased, besides Rs five lakh to each of the injured.
The state government should ensure registration of FIR
against the guilty policemen, including sub-divisional police
officer (SDPO) under Sections 302 (murder) and 304 (culpable
homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC, Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding