Forbesganj firing: LJP demands probe
Patna: LJP on Monday demanded a probe either
by a sitting High Court judge or CBI into the Forbesganj
police firing that killed four persons.
"We are averse to an inquiry by a retired judge of the
high court ... Nothing short of an inquiry either by a sitting
judge of Patna High Court or CBI will be acceptable to us,"
LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan told a rally against the June 3
incident in Araria district in which four persons were killed.
Stating that inquiry by a retired judge took a lot of
time in submission of report, Paswan said the Bhagalpur Riot
Commission was going on since 1989.
The role of Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi and BJP MLC
Ashok Agarwal in land acquisition at Forbesganj should also be
probed, he said.
He demanded that the Bihar government announce an
ex-gratia payment of Rs 30 lakh each to the next of the kin of
the deceased, besides Rs five lakh to each of the injured.
The state government should ensure registration of FIR
against the guilty policemen, including sub-divisional police
officer (SDPO) under Sections 302 (murder) and 304 (culpable
homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC, Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug