Forbesganj firing: LJP demands probe
Patna: LJP on Monday demanded a probe either
by a sitting High Court judge or CBI into the Forbesganj
police firing that killed four persons.
"We are averse to an inquiry by a retired judge of the
high court ... Nothing short of an inquiry either by a sitting
judge of Patna High Court or CBI will be acceptable to us,"
LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan told a rally against the June 3
incident in Araria district in which four persons were killed.
Stating that inquiry by a retired judge took a lot of
time in submission of report, Paswan said the Bhagalpur Riot
Commission was going on since 1989.
The role of Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi and BJP MLC
Ashok Agarwal in land acquisition at Forbesganj should also be
probed, he said.
He demanded that the Bihar government announce an
ex-gratia payment of Rs 30 lakh each to the next of the kin of
the deceased, besides Rs five lakh to each of the injured.
The state government should ensure registration of FIR
against the guilty policemen, including sub-divisional police
officer (SDPO) under Sections 302 (murder) and 304 (culpable
homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC, Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP