Forbesganj firing: LJP demands probe
Patna: LJP on Monday demanded a probe either
by a sitting High Court judge or CBI into the Forbesganj
police firing that killed four persons.
"We are averse to an inquiry by a retired judge of the
high court ... Nothing short of an inquiry either by a sitting
judge of Patna High Court or CBI will be acceptable to us,"
LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan told a rally against the June 3
incident in Araria district in which four persons were killed.
Stating that inquiry by a retired judge took a lot of
time in submission of report, Paswan said the Bhagalpur Riot
Commission was going on since 1989.
The role of Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi and BJP MLC
Ashok Agarwal in land acquisition at Forbesganj should also be
probed, he said.
He demanded that the Bihar government announce an
ex-gratia payment of Rs 30 lakh each to the next of the kin of
the deceased, besides Rs five lakh to each of the injured.
The state government should ensure registration of FIR
against the guilty policemen, including sub-divisional police
officer (SDPO) under Sections 302 (murder) and 304 (culpable
homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC, Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police