Forbesganj firing: LJP demands probe
Patna: LJP on Monday demanded a probe either
by a sitting High Court judge or CBI into the Forbesganj
police firing that killed four persons.
"We are averse to an inquiry by a retired judge of the
high court ... Nothing short of an inquiry either by a sitting
judge of Patna High Court or CBI will be acceptable to us,"
LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan told a rally against the June 3
incident in Araria district in which four persons were killed.
Stating that inquiry by a retired judge took a lot of
time in submission of report, Paswan said the Bhagalpur Riot
Commission was going on since 1989.
The role of Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi and BJP MLC
Ashok Agarwal in land acquisition at Forbesganj should also be
probed, he said.
He demanded that the Bihar government announce an
ex-gratia payment of Rs 30 lakh each to the next of the kin of
the deceased, besides Rs five lakh to each of the injured.
The state government should ensure registration of FIR
against the guilty policemen, including sub-divisional police
officer (SDPO) under Sections 302 (murder) and 304 (culpable
homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC, Paswan said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living