Foreign scholars keen to join Nalanda University: Official
Patna: A large number of foreign scholars and teachers are keen to join the upcoming Nalanda University in Bihar as its faculty members, an official said on Thursday.
The process of appointing faculty for the varsity has begun and 500 applications have been received for the 20 posts that will initially be filled.
"Around 22 percent of the applicants for faculty posts, including professors, assistant professors, are foreign scholars and teachers," vice chancellor Gopa Sabharwal said.
The university plans to start with two schools - School of Historical Sciences and the School of Environment and Ecology - by August-September.
"The recruitment is for 20 faculty members posts - 10 in each school," she said.
Sabharwal said the recruitment process will be complete by March-end or early April.
The university will then advertise for student enrolments.
"Initially, only 15 to 20 students will be enrolled in each school," she said.
The university is set to come up on 446 acres in Rajgir, 10 km from the site of the ancient university in Nalanda, about 100 km southeast of Patna.
The university will be fully residential, like the ancient Nalanda university. It will offer courses in science, philosophy and spiritualism and social sciences.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know