Former Bihar CM Bhagwat Jha Azad dead
New Delhi: Former Bihar chief minister
Bhagwat Jha Azad died here on Tuesday after a prolonged illness. He was 89.
A six-time member of the Lok Sabha from Bhagalpur in
Bihar, Azad had been ailing for some time and was admitted to
the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), family
He breathed his last this morning, they said.
A veteran Congressman, Azad was the chief minister of
Bihar for little over a year between 1988-89.
He had joined the BJP recently but was hardly active due
to ill health.
Azad`s son, former cricketer Kirti Azad, is a BJP MP from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends