Former Bihar CM Jagannath Mishra suffers brain stroke
Patna: Former Bihar chief minister Jagannath Mishra has suffered brain stroke but is improving in a hospital here.
According to a medical bulletin issued by the hospital, Mishra (76), who was brought to the hospital four days ago, was found to have suffered brain stoke.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday went to the hospital to visit him and discussed about his treatment from his son Nitish Mishra, who is a minister in the state government.
The bulletin said, "Today he is much better, conscious and able to recognise all his relatives and friends. Fever decreased. Electrolytes improved, taking oral liquids and soft diet and shall remain under observation for few days."
Mishra, a former Congress leader, has served as Chief Minister of Bihar three times. After leaving Congress he joined the NCP and now is in JD(U).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP