Former Bihar Congress chief Mehboob Ali Kaisar joins LJP
Patna: In a jolt to the Congress in Bihar, former state president Chaudhary Mehboob Ali Kaisar Wednesday joined the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) of Ram Vilas Paswan.
Kaisar was reportedly unhappy with the Congress alliance with the Rashtriya Janata Dal of Lalu Prasad for the Lok Sabha polls and had showed his displeasure with his party`s decision to surrender the Khagaria seat to the RJD.
Soon after Kaisar joined the LJP, party chief Paswan announced he will be the LJP nominee from Khagaria.
Meanwhile, four RJD leaders - former minister Shakuni Choudhary, Ganesh Yadav, Abu Qaiser and Suresh Mehta - joined the ruling Janata Dal-United, state party president Vashsisht Narain Singh said.
The LJP, which has joined hands with the Bharatiya Janata Party, will contest the polls from seven constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3