Former Bihar Congress chief Mehboob Ali Kaisar joins LJP
Patna: In a jolt to the Congress in Bihar, former state president Chaudhary Mehboob Ali Kaisar Wednesday joined the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) of Ram Vilas Paswan.
Kaisar was reportedly unhappy with the Congress alliance with the Rashtriya Janata Dal of Lalu Prasad for the Lok Sabha polls and had showed his displeasure with his party`s decision to surrender the Khagaria seat to the RJD.
Soon after Kaisar joined the LJP, party chief Paswan announced he will be the LJP nominee from Khagaria.
Meanwhile, four RJD leaders - former minister Shakuni Choudhary, Ganesh Yadav, Abu Qaiser and Suresh Mehta - joined the ruling Janata Dal-United, state party president Vashsisht Narain Singh said.
The LJP, which has joined hands with the Bharatiya Janata Party, will contest the polls from seven constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley