Former Bihar minister Shambhu Sharan Thakur dead
Patna: Former Bihar minister Shambhu Sharan
Thakur died at a hospital in New Delhi on Sunday after
protracted illness, his family sources said.
He was 80.
Singh was the jail minister in the erstwhile Abdul
Gafoor-led Congress government and had also served as chairman
of Bihar State Housing Board and represented Kanti assembly
seat twice in a row.
His body would be brought here from New Delhi tonight and
taken to his residence at Muzaffarpur, where he would be
cremated with full state honours
Thakur`s death has been condoled by Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar and the state Congress leadership, besides Bihar Youth
Congress president Lalan Kumar and former party MP Ranjit
His death has caused an irreparable loss to Congress
which has lost its philosopher and guide, Lalan Kumar said in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people