Former Bihar MLA gets bail in CPI(M) MLA murder case
Patna: Patna High Court on Wednesday granted
regular bail to former Bihar MLA Rajan Tiwari, sentenced to
life imprisonment, in the CPI(M) MLA Ajit Sarkar murder case.
A division bench comprising Justices Mridula Mishra
and S N Hussain allowed Tiwari`s prayer for bail after hearing
his counsel and that of the CBI here.
A CBI court had six months ago sentenced Tiwari and
former RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav to life
imprisonment for the killing of the CPI(M) legislator at
Purnia on June 16, 1998.
Pappu Yadav was also on bail in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!