Former Bihar MLA gets bail in CPI(M) MLA murder case
Patna: Patna High Court on Wednesday granted
regular bail to former Bihar MLA Rajan Tiwari, sentenced to
life imprisonment, in the CPI(M) MLA Ajit Sarkar murder case.
A division bench comprising Justices Mridula Mishra
and S N Hussain allowed Tiwari`s prayer for bail after hearing
his counsel and that of the CBI here.
A CBI court had six months ago sentenced Tiwari and
former RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav to life
imprisonment for the killing of the CPI(M) legislator at
Purnia on June 16, 1998.
Pappu Yadav was also on bail in the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents