Former JD(U) MLA allegedly demands Rs 2 crore for `Adhikar rally`
Hajipur/Patna: Proprietor of a private engineering college in Bihar`s Vaishali district on Sunday alleged that former JD(U) MLA Munna Shukla had demanded Rs two crore from him for the party`s `Adhikar rally` at Patna on November 4, police said today.
Pataliputra Engineering College Director Santlal Yadav has lodged an FIR at Bhagwanpur police station against Shukla for allegedly demanding Rs two crore to raise funds for JD(U)`s rally next week, Superintendent of Police (SP) Upendra Kumar Sinha said.
Yadav alleged that Shukla, presently lodged in Muzaffarpur central jail, called him on mobile phone on October 26 and demanded the amount while threatening him with dire consequences if this was not met, the SP said, adding that an investigation was going on in the matter.
Shukla, husband of JD(U) MLA Anju Shukla, had successfully contested Lalganj assembly seat on the party`s ticket in November 2005 polls. He was denied another run in the last assembly polls after his conviction in the murder case of former Gopalganj district magistrate G Krishnaiah.
In Patna, the state unit JD(U) president Vashishth Narayan Singh said he was gathering details about the extortion demand made by the former party MLA.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India