Former JD(U) MLA allegedly demands Rs 2 crore for `Adhikar rally`
Hajipur/Patna: Proprietor of a private engineering college in Bihar`s Vaishali district on Sunday alleged that former JD(U) MLA Munna Shukla had demanded Rs two crore from him for the party`s `Adhikar rally` at Patna on November 4, police said today.
Pataliputra Engineering College Director Santlal Yadav has lodged an FIR at Bhagwanpur police station against Shukla for allegedly demanding Rs two crore to raise funds for JD(U)`s rally next week, Superintendent of Police (SP) Upendra Kumar Sinha said.
Yadav alleged that Shukla, presently lodged in Muzaffarpur central jail, called him on mobile phone on October 26 and demanded the amount while threatening him with dire consequences if this was not met, the SP said, adding that an investigation was going on in the matter.
Shukla, husband of JD(U) MLA Anju Shukla, had successfully contested Lalganj assembly seat on the party`s ticket in November 2005 polls. He was denied another run in the last assembly polls after his conviction in the murder case of former Gopalganj district magistrate G Krishnaiah.
In Patna, the state unit JD(U) president Vashishth Narayan Singh said he was gathering details about the extortion demand made by the former party MLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'