Former JD(U) MLA allegedly demands Rs 2 crore for `Adhikar rally`
Hajipur/Patna: Proprietor of a private engineering college in Bihar`s Vaishali district on Sunday alleged that former JD(U) MLA Munna Shukla had demanded Rs two crore from him for the party`s `Adhikar rally` at Patna on November 4, police said today.
Pataliputra Engineering College Director Santlal Yadav has lodged an FIR at Bhagwanpur police station against Shukla for allegedly demanding Rs two crore to raise funds for JD(U)`s rally next week, Superintendent of Police (SP) Upendra Kumar Sinha said.
Yadav alleged that Shukla, presently lodged in Muzaffarpur central jail, called him on mobile phone on October 26 and demanded the amount while threatening him with dire consequences if this was not met, the SP said, adding that an investigation was going on in the matter.
Shukla, husband of JD(U) MLA Anju Shukla, had successfully contested Lalganj assembly seat on the party`s ticket in November 2005 polls. He was denied another run in the last assembly polls after his conviction in the murder case of former Gopalganj district magistrate G Krishnaiah.
In Patna, the state unit JD(U) president Vashishth Narayan Singh said he was gathering details about the extortion demand made by the former party MLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say