Former Mukhiya lynched
Gopalganj: An ex-mukhiya of Hardo-Mathia panchayat in Bihar`s Gopalganj district was on Sunday beaten to death allegedly by the incumbent mukhiya and his supporters, police said.
Ramchandra Prasad (55), on his way to his native Hardo village, was beaten up with sticks and other blunt objects allegedly by the incumbent mukhiya Awdesh Singh and his supporters injuring him critically, Superintendent of Police, Nitasha Gudia said.
Prasad died on way to a hospital, she said.
The accused are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says