Former union minister files nomination for Banka LS seat
Banka: Former union minister of state and RJD leader Jai Prakash Narain Yadav on Saturday filed nomination papers for the November 1 Lok Sabha by-election for Banka. The seat fell vacant following the death of former union minister of state Digvijay Singh who had won as an independent after being denied ticket by JD(U).
Singh`s wife Putul Devi has decided to contest as an independent with NDA backing her. Meanwhile, Girdhari Yadav, who had represented Banka twice and had recently deserted the RJD, filed his nomination papers from Belhar Assembly constituency in the district on as a JD-U candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees