Former union minister files nomination for Banka LS seat
Banka: Former union minister of state and RJD leader Jai Prakash Narain Yadav on Saturday filed nomination papers for the November 1 Lok Sabha by-election for Banka. The seat fell vacant following the death of former union minister of state Digvijay Singh who had won as an independent after being denied ticket by JD(U).
Singh`s wife Putul Devi has decided to contest as an independent with NDA backing her. Meanwhile, Girdhari Yadav, who had represented Banka twice and had recently deserted the RJD, filed his nomination papers from Belhar Assembly constituency in the district on as a JD-U candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians