Former union minister files nomination for Banka LS seat
Banka: Former union minister of state and RJD leader Jai Prakash Narain Yadav on Saturday filed nomination papers for the November 1 Lok Sabha by-election for Banka. The seat fell vacant following the death of former union minister of state Digvijay Singh who had won as an independent after being denied ticket by JD(U).
Singh`s wife Putul Devi has decided to contest as an independent with NDA backing her. Meanwhile, Girdhari Yadav, who had represented Banka twice and had recently deserted the RJD, filed his nomination papers from Belhar Assembly constituency in the district on as a JD-U candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach