Former union minister files nomination for Banka LS seat
Banka: Former union minister of state and RJD leader Jai Prakash Narain Yadav on Saturday filed nomination papers for the November 1 Lok Sabha by-election for Banka. The seat fell vacant following the death of former union minister of state Digvijay Singh who had won as an independent after being denied ticket by JD(U).
Singh`s wife Putul Devi has decided to contest as an independent with NDA backing her. Meanwhile, Girdhari Yadav, who had represented Banka twice and had recently deserted the RJD, filed his nomination papers from Belhar Assembly constituency in the district on as a JD-U candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation