Former Union minister`s statue recovered
Jamui: A bronze statue of former Union
minister, late Digvijay Singh which went missing, was
recovered on Sunday by police from a pond in his native village
Nayagaon in Bihar`s Jamui ditrict.
Police said the suspected miscreants had taken away the
bronze statue valued at Rs six lakh late last night.
A search was launched soon afterwards and acting on a tip
off by local people, the bust was pulled out by divers from
the waterbody, police said.
The statue will be put back at its original place soon,
Search is on to identify and apprehend those behind
the incident, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon