Former Union minister`s statue recovered
Jamui: A bronze statue of former Union
minister, late Digvijay Singh which went missing, was
recovered on Sunday by police from a pond in his native village
Nayagaon in Bihar`s Jamui ditrict.
Police said the suspected miscreants had taken away the
bronze statue valued at Rs six lakh late last night.
A search was launched soon afterwards and acting on a tip
off by local people, the bust was pulled out by divers from
the waterbody, police said.
The statue will be put back at its original place soon,
Search is on to identify and apprehend those behind
the incident, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!