Four arms supplier to Maoists arrested in Patna
Patna: The Patna police on Tuesday raided a village in Maoist-infested Masaurhi sub-division of Patna district and arrested four persons involved in supplying arms to the red rebels, the police said.
Acting on a tip off, Senior Superintendent of Police, Patna, Manu Maharaj sent a team to conduct raid in Mimra village under Kadirganj police station of Masaurhi sub-division.
Seeing the police team, the criminals fired which was retaliated by the security men.
The police overpowered the four and recovered arms, ammunition and equipment used in making arms, the police said.
On interrogation it came into light that the four were involved in supplying arms to Maoists and criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj