Four awarded life term for kidnapping
Patna: A local court here on Wednesday awarded
life imprisonment to four people in a case related to
kidnapping for ransom of two students nearly five years ago.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Ajit Kumar
Sinha found the four guilty of kidnapping Kumar Vidyarthi and
Subodh Kumar from Hanuman Nagar locality here on August 28,
2005 and demanding a ransom of Rs 17 lakh from their family
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 on each of
the four -- Mahendra Rai, Kundan Kumar, Sanjai Ram and Rahul
The court sentenced another accused Shubin Kumar to
two years imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 for
helping the kidnappers. Another accused Sonu Kumar was,
The two students were released by the abductors on
September 28, 2005 following police pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites