Four awarded life term for kidnapping
Patna: A local court here on Wednesday awarded
life imprisonment to four people in a case related to
kidnapping for ransom of two students nearly five years ago.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Ajit Kumar
Sinha found the four guilty of kidnapping Kumar Vidyarthi and
Subodh Kumar from Hanuman Nagar locality here on August 28,
2005 and demanding a ransom of Rs 17 lakh from their family
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 on each of
the four -- Mahendra Rai, Kundan Kumar, Sanjai Ram and Rahul
The court sentenced another accused Shubin Kumar to
two years imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 for
helping the kidnappers. Another accused Sonu Kumar was,
The two students were released by the abductors on
September 28, 2005 following police pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'