Four awarded life term for kidnapping
Patna: A local court here on Wednesday awarded
life imprisonment to four people in a case related to
kidnapping for ransom of two students nearly five years ago.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Ajit Kumar
Sinha found the four guilty of kidnapping Kumar Vidyarthi and
Subodh Kumar from Hanuman Nagar locality here on August 28,
2005 and demanding a ransom of Rs 17 lakh from their family
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 on each of
the four -- Mahendra Rai, Kundan Kumar, Sanjai Ram and Rahul
The court sentenced another accused Shubin Kumar to
two years imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 for
helping the kidnappers. Another accused Sonu Kumar was,
The two students were released by the abductors on
September 28, 2005 following police pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi