Four children drown, three missing in Bihar rivers
Begusarai/Sitamarhi: Four children drowned and three others went missing in the Ganga and Lalbakia rivers in Bihar on Monday, police said.
Three children drowned when they accidentally fell into the Ganga near Guajan village in Begusarai district.
Their bodies were recovered by local fishers.
The children were natives of Sanha Parora village and had gone to the river embankment to collect soil for making earthen ovens for Chhath festival, police said.
In Sitamarhi district, one girl drowned and three others went missing after they fell into the Lalbakia river.
Efforts were on to trace the missing girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'