Four children drown, three missing in Bihar rivers
Begusarai/Sitamarhi: Four children drowned and three others went missing in the Ganga and Lalbakia rivers in Bihar on Monday, police said.
Three children drowned when they accidentally fell into the Ganga near Guajan village in Begusarai district.
Their bodies were recovered by local fishers.
The children were natives of Sanha Parora village and had gone to the river embankment to collect soil for making earthen ovens for Chhath festival, police said.
In Sitamarhi district, one girl drowned and three others went missing after they fell into the Lalbakia river.
Efforts were on to trace the missing girls.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today