Four children drown, three missing in Bihar rivers
Begusarai/Sitamarhi: Four children drowned and three others went missing in the Ganga and Lalbakia rivers in Bihar on Monday, police said.
Three children drowned when they accidentally fell into the Ganga near Guajan village in Begusarai district.
Their bodies were recovered by local fishers.
The children were natives of Sanha Parora village and had gone to the river embankment to collect soil for making earthen ovens for Chhath festival, police said.
In Sitamarhi district, one girl drowned and three others went missing after they fell into the Lalbakia river.
Efforts were on to trace the missing girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you