Four children drown, three missing in Bihar rivers
Begusarai/Sitamarhi: Four children drowned and three others went missing in the Ganga and Lalbakia rivers in Bihar on Monday, police said.
Three children drowned when they accidentally fell into the Ganga near Guajan village in Begusarai district.
Their bodies were recovered by local fishers.
The children were natives of Sanha Parora village and had gone to the river embankment to collect soil for making earthen ovens for Chhath festival, police said.
In Sitamarhi district, one girl drowned and three others went missing after they fell into the Lalbakia river.
Efforts were on to trace the missing girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?