Four detained for questioning in Bihar
Araria: Four persons, including one from
Nepal and two from Jammu and Kashmir, were detained by police
for moving in a suspicious manner in a market in Bihar`s
Araria district, a senior police officer said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, the police nabbed Siraj Ahmed and
Nasir Ahmed (both hailing from Sopian district of Jammu and
Kashmir), Md Sahabuddin (Sunsari district of Nepal) and
Virendra Mandal (Supaul district, Bihar), while they were
moving a suspicious manner in the market, Superintendent
of Police (SP) Shivdeep Lande said.
He said that during preliminary interrogation, the duo
from Jammu and Kashmir told the cops that they had arrived in
Bihar six days ago to meet Mandal`s neighbour who took them to
Nepal to meet Sahabuddin`s cousin from where all of them had
returned to the market near Basmatia police outpost where they
were nabbed by the policemen.
Lande said that the two persons from Jammu and Kashmir
were changing their statements on being asked about the
purpose of their visit.
All four detained persons were being interrogated
about their background and purpose of their visit together to
either side of the Indo-Nepal border, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch