Four detained for questioning in Bihar
Araria: Four persons, including one from
Nepal and two from Jammu and Kashmir, were detained by police
for moving in a suspicious manner in a market in Bihar`s
Araria district, a senior police officer said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, the police nabbed Siraj Ahmed and
Nasir Ahmed (both hailing from Sopian district of Jammu and
Kashmir), Md Sahabuddin (Sunsari district of Nepal) and
Virendra Mandal (Supaul district, Bihar), while they were
moving a suspicious manner in the market, Superintendent
of Police (SP) Shivdeep Lande said.
He said that during preliminary interrogation, the duo
from Jammu and Kashmir told the cops that they had arrived in
Bihar six days ago to meet Mandal`s neighbour who took them to
Nepal to meet Sahabuddin`s cousin from where all of them had
returned to the market near Basmatia police outpost where they
were nabbed by the policemen.
Lande said that the two persons from Jammu and Kashmir
were changing their statements on being asked about the
purpose of their visit.
All four detained persons were being interrogated
about their background and purpose of their visit together to
either side of the Indo-Nepal border, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future