Four get 10-yr imprisonment for gang-rape in Bihar
Sitamarhi: A local court on Friday sentenced four persons to 10 years of imprisonment in a gang-rape case.
Additional District and Sesssions Judge Jagannath Rai passed the order, holding Mohit Baitha, Satyendra Hathi, Barun Thakur and Vipin Mahto guilty of raping a married woman 10 years ago.
The court also slapped fines ranging from Rs 10,000 to 20,000 on the convicts.
According to the prosecution, the four forcefully picked up the woman in their vehicle from Harpura in Majorganj block and took her to a village in Nepal where they gang-raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?