Four `hardcore Maoists` arrested in Bihar
Aurangabad: Police on Sunday claimed to have arrested four hardcore Maoists, including a self-styled area commander, in Bihar`s Aurangabad district.
"Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a hideout in Seema village and nabbed Maoists, identified as Mritunjaya Mishra (Area Commander of Goh-Rafiganj) and his associates Shambhu Yadav, Dinanath Yadav and Chandrabhushan Sharma," Superintendent of Police (SP) Daljit Singh said.
A country-made rifle, ammunition, mobile SIM cards and memory cards were seized from the ultras, he said.
Mishra and his associates were wanted in a dozen cases of levy collection, extortion and torching of vehicles and building materials of various construction companies, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists
- HILARIOUS! Neymar fan caught in laundry room of Olympic team hotel