Four `hardcore Maoists` arrested in Bihar
Aurangabad: Police on Sunday claimed to have arrested four hardcore Maoists, including a self-styled area commander, in Bihar`s Aurangabad district.
"Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a hideout in Seema village and nabbed Maoists, identified as Mritunjaya Mishra (Area Commander of Goh-Rafiganj) and his associates Shambhu Yadav, Dinanath Yadav and Chandrabhushan Sharma," Superintendent of Police (SP) Daljit Singh said.
A country-made rifle, ammunition, mobile SIM cards and memory cards were seized from the ultras, he said.
Mishra and his associates were wanted in a dozen cases of levy collection, extortion and torching of vehicles and building materials of various construction companies, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress