Four `hardcore Maoists` arrested in Bihar
Aurangabad: Police on Sunday claimed to have arrested four hardcore Maoists, including a self-styled area commander, in Bihar`s Aurangabad district.
"Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a hideout in Seema village and nabbed Maoists, identified as Mritunjaya Mishra (Area Commander of Goh-Rafiganj) and his associates Shambhu Yadav, Dinanath Yadav and Chandrabhushan Sharma," Superintendent of Police (SP) Daljit Singh said.
A country-made rifle, ammunition, mobile SIM cards and memory cards were seized from the ultras, he said.
Mishra and his associates were wanted in a dozen cases of levy collection, extortion and torching of vehicles and building materials of various construction companies, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31