Four `hardcore Maoists` arrested in Bihar
Aurangabad: Police on Sunday claimed to have arrested four hardcore Maoists, including a self-styled area commander, in Bihar`s Aurangabad district.
"Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a hideout in Seema village and nabbed Maoists, identified as Mritunjaya Mishra (Area Commander of Goh-Rafiganj) and his associates Shambhu Yadav, Dinanath Yadav and Chandrabhushan Sharma," Superintendent of Police (SP) Daljit Singh said.
A country-made rifle, ammunition, mobile SIM cards and memory cards were seized from the ultras, he said.
Mishra and his associates were wanted in a dozen cases of levy collection, extortion and torching of vehicles and building materials of various construction companies, Singh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape