Four held for gang-rape of Bihar woman
Patna: Four of the six men, who barged into a house and gang-raped a married woman in Bihar, were arrested on Saturday, police said.
The 25-year-old woman was gang-raped on Thursday night in Tarma village in Muzaffarpur district, about 70 km from here, police said.
"We have arrested four accused and search is on to nab the other two," police official Kanchan Kashyap said.
On Thursday, the woman along with her husband and five-year-old son were sleeping in their rented house, when the six men attacked them.
They tied her husband and son to a nearby tree and forcibly dragged her to a field and raped her, a district police official said.
The victim and her husband, who works as a labourer in a local thermal power plant, approached police on Friday. The woman has identified three of the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH