Four killed, six injured in Bihar road mishap
Lakhisarai (Bihar): Four persons were killed and six others injured on Saturday in a collision between a truck and an autorickshaw near Dariapur village in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, an official said on Saturday.
The mishap took place on a bridge on Harihar river last night as a speeding truck rammed into an autorickshaw which lost control and fell on the sandy embankment of the river killing its four occupants on the spot, while six others sustained injuries, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Vinay Kumar Rai said.
The occupants of the ill-fated autorickshaw were returning back to the district headquarter after attending tilak ceremony of Shree Thakur`s daughter, he said.
The victims were identified as Tripurari Mandal (19), Rahul Kumar (12), Akash Kumar (12) and Golu alias Ajay (14), Rai said adding the bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
The injured persons were admitted to a government hospital where the attending doctors referred two of them to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) at Patna in view of their serious condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB