Four killed, six injured in Bihar road mishap
Lakhisarai (Bihar): Four persons were killed and six others injured on Saturday in a collision between a truck and an autorickshaw near Dariapur village in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, an official said on Saturday.
The mishap took place on a bridge on Harihar river last night as a speeding truck rammed into an autorickshaw which lost control and fell on the sandy embankment of the river killing its four occupants on the spot, while six others sustained injuries, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Vinay Kumar Rai said.
The occupants of the ill-fated autorickshaw were returning back to the district headquarter after attending tilak ceremony of Shree Thakur`s daughter, he said.
The victims were identified as Tripurari Mandal (19), Rahul Kumar (12), Akash Kumar (12) and Golu alias Ajay (14), Rai said adding the bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
The injured persons were admitted to a government hospital where the attending doctors referred two of them to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) at Patna in view of their serious condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP