Four killed, six injured in Bihar road mishap
Lakhisarai (Bihar): Four persons were killed and six others injured on Saturday in a collision between a truck and an autorickshaw near Dariapur village in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, an official said on Saturday.
The mishap took place on a bridge on Harihar river last night as a speeding truck rammed into an autorickshaw which lost control and fell on the sandy embankment of the river killing its four occupants on the spot, while six others sustained injuries, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Vinay Kumar Rai said.
The occupants of the ill-fated autorickshaw were returning back to the district headquarter after attending tilak ceremony of Shree Thakur`s daughter, he said.
The victims were identified as Tripurari Mandal (19), Rahul Kumar (12), Akash Kumar (12) and Golu alias Ajay (14), Rai said adding the bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
The injured persons were admitted to a government hospital where the attending doctors referred two of them to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) at Patna in view of their serious condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand