Four killed, six others injured in road mishap
Lakhisarai: Four persons were killed and six others injured on Saturday in a collision between a truck and an autorickshaw near Dariapur village in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, an official said on Saturday.
The mishap took place on a bridge on Harihar river last night as a speeding truck rammed into an autorickshaw which lost control and fell on the sandy embankment of the river killing its four occupants on the spot, while six others sustained injuries, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Vinay Kumar Rai said.
The occupants of the ill-fated autorickshaw were returning back to the district headquarter after attending tilak ceremony of Shree Thakur`s daughter, he said.
The victims were identified as Tripurari Mandal (19), Rahul Kumar (12), Akash Kumar (12) and Golu alias Ajay (14), Rai said adding the bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
The injured persons were admitted to a government hospital where the attending doctors referred two of them to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) at Patna in view of their serious condition.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living