Four killed, six others injured in road mishap
Lakhisarai: Four persons were killed and six others injured on Saturday in a collision between a truck and an autorickshaw near Dariapur village in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, an official said on Saturday.
The mishap took place on a bridge on Harihar river last night as a speeding truck rammed into an autorickshaw which lost control and fell on the sandy embankment of the river killing its four occupants on the spot, while six others sustained injuries, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Vinay Kumar Rai said.
The occupants of the ill-fated autorickshaw were returning back to the district headquarter after attending tilak ceremony of Shree Thakur`s daughter, he said.
The victims were identified as Tripurari Mandal (19), Rahul Kumar (12), Akash Kumar (12) and Golu alias Ajay (14), Rai said adding the bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
The injured persons were admitted to a government hospital where the attending doctors referred two of them to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) at Patna in view of their serious condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka