Four persons killed, 6 others injured in road mishap in Bihar
Bhagalpur: Four persons were killed and six others injured when a car hit a truck on NH-31 at a village in Bihar`s Navgachhia police district Monday morning, a police officer said.
The mishap took place at Jhandapur village when the car carrying ten members of a marriage party, including the newly-wed couple, rammed into a stationary truck after the driver lost control of the vehicle, Superintendent of Police Shekhar Kumar said.
While two persons identified as Amrish Chaudhary and Pappu Sharma died on the spot, two others succumbed to injuries at the Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College at Bhagalpur, he said.
Six others, including the couple Kaushal Mistri and Chanda Kumari, sustained injuries and were rushed to the same hospital, the SP said.
The marriage party was returning in the vehicle to their native place in Khagaria district after solemnizing the marriage at Purandevi Mandir in Purnia, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore