Four persons killed, 6 others injured in road mishap in Bihar
Bhagalpur: Four persons were killed and six others injured when a car hit a truck on NH-31 at a village in Bihar`s Navgachhia police district Monday morning, a police officer said.
The mishap took place at Jhandapur village when the car carrying ten members of a marriage party, including the newly-wed couple, rammed into a stationary truck after the driver lost control of the vehicle, Superintendent of Police Shekhar Kumar said.
While two persons identified as Amrish Chaudhary and Pappu Sharma died on the spot, two others succumbed to injuries at the Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College at Bhagalpur, he said.
Six others, including the couple Kaushal Mistri and Chanda Kumari, sustained injuries and were rushed to the same hospital, the SP said.
The marriage party was returning in the vehicle to their native place in Khagaria district after solemnizing the marriage at Purandevi Mandir in Purnia, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?
- Flood alert: Situation remains grim in Assam, Arunachal, railways affected in Bihar