Four policemen among six injured in clash
Bhagalpur: Six persons including four policemen were injured in a clash between illegal liquor vendors and the police at Banshichak village under Pirpainti police station of Bihar`s Bhagalpur district.
The police on Tuesday said the clash occurred when a police team raided illegal liquor shops at the village last night triggering protest by the vendors.
They pelted stones and clashed with policemen in which six persons including Pirpainti police station house officer Umesh Paswan, homeguards Pandav Yadav and Sarwan Yadav and an ASI Ram Pervesh Thakur were injured, the sources said.
The injured were admitted to Pirpainti referral hospital where the condition of the SHO was stated to be critical, sources said.
Police patrolling was intensified as tension ran high in the area, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez