Four policemen among six injured in clash
Bhagalpur: Six persons including four policemen were injured in a clash between illegal liquor vendors and the police at Banshichak village under Pirpainti police station of Bihar`s Bhagalpur district.
The police on Tuesday said the clash occurred when a police team raided illegal liquor shops at the village last night triggering protest by the vendors.
They pelted stones and clashed with policemen in which six persons including Pirpainti police station house officer Umesh Paswan, homeguards Pandav Yadav and Sarwan Yadav and an ASI Ram Pervesh Thakur were injured, the sources said.
The injured were admitted to Pirpainti referral hospital where the condition of the SHO was stated to be critical, sources said.
Police patrolling was intensified as tension ran high in the area, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH