Four policemen among six injured in clash
Bhagalpur: Six persons including four policemen were injured in a clash between illegal liquor vendors and the police at Banshichak village under Pirpainti police station of Bihar`s Bhagalpur district.
The police on Tuesday said the clash occurred when a police team raided illegal liquor shops at the village last night triggering protest by the vendors.
They pelted stones and clashed with policemen in which six persons including Pirpainti police station house officer Umesh Paswan, homeguards Pandav Yadav and Sarwan Yadav and an ASI Ram Pervesh Thakur were injured, the sources said.
The injured were admitted to Pirpainti referral hospital where the condition of the SHO was stated to be critical, sources said.
Police patrolling was intensified as tension ran high in the area, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan