Four policemen among six injured in clash
Bhagalpur: Six persons including four policemen were injured in a clash between illegal liquor vendors and the police at Banshichak village under Pirpainti police station of Bihar`s Bhagalpur district.
The police on Tuesday said the clash occurred when a police team raided illegal liquor shops at the village last night triggering protest by the vendors.
They pelted stones and clashed with policemen in which six persons including Pirpainti police station house officer Umesh Paswan, homeguards Pandav Yadav and Sarwan Yadav and an ASI Ram Pervesh Thakur were injured, the sources said.
The injured were admitted to Pirpainti referral hospital where the condition of the SHO was stated to be critical, sources said.
Police patrolling was intensified as tension ran high in the area, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price