Four policemen among six injured in clash
Bhagalpur: Six persons including four policemen were injured in a clash between illegal liquor vendors and the police at Banshichak village under Pirpainti police station of Bihar`s Bhagalpur district.
The police on Tuesday said the clash occurred when a police team raided illegal liquor shops at the village last night triggering protest by the vendors.
They pelted stones and clashed with policemen in which six persons including Pirpainti police station house officer Umesh Paswan, homeguards Pandav Yadav and Sarwan Yadav and an ASI Ram Pervesh Thakur were injured, the sources said.
The injured were admitted to Pirpainti referral hospital where the condition of the SHO was stated to be critical, sources said.
Police patrolling was intensified as tension ran high in the area, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate