Four prisoners escape from Buxar jail in Bihar
Buxar: Four prisoners accused of the murder of an under-trial today escaped from the Buxar sub-jail and a manhunt has been launched to nab them.
"We are trying to find out whether they fled by climbing the prison wall or simply walked out of the gates," Jail Superintendent Dev Kishun Singh said.
The escape of Aman Singh, Vishal Srivastava, Arman Ansari and Botal Yadav was discovered during the morning head count, he said.
They were accused in the murder of an under-trial prisoner Kamlesh Yadav in court premises two weeks ago, Singh said.
The four prisoners were arrested from the Danapur Railway Colony in Patna district.
Buxar Superintendent of Police Babu Ram said that three of the escapees were from Buxar district and one from adjoining Bhojpur district.
"We have launched an operation to trace their whereabouts and bring them back," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her