Four prisoners escape from Buxar jail in Bihar
Buxar: Four prisoners accused of the murder of an under-trial today escaped from the Buxar sub-jail and a manhunt has been launched to nab them.
"We are trying to find out whether they fled by climbing the prison wall or simply walked out of the gates," Jail Superintendent Dev Kishun Singh said.
The escape of Aman Singh, Vishal Srivastava, Arman Ansari and Botal Yadav was discovered during the morning head count, he said.
They were accused in the murder of an under-trial prisoner Kamlesh Yadav in court premises two weeks ago, Singh said.
The four prisoners were arrested from the Danapur Railway Colony in Patna district.
Buxar Superintendent of Police Babu Ram said that three of the escapees were from Buxar district and one from adjoining Bhojpur district.
"We have launched an operation to trace their whereabouts and bring them back," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday