Four prisoners escape from Buxar jail in Bihar
Buxar: Four prisoners accused of the murder of an under-trial today escaped from the Buxar sub-jail and a manhunt has been launched to nab them.
"We are trying to find out whether they fled by climbing the prison wall or simply walked out of the gates," Jail Superintendent Dev Kishun Singh said.
The escape of Aman Singh, Vishal Srivastava, Arman Ansari and Botal Yadav was discovered during the morning head count, he said.
They were accused in the murder of an under-trial prisoner Kamlesh Yadav in court premises two weeks ago, Singh said.
The four prisoners were arrested from the Danapur Railway Colony in Patna district.
Buxar Superintendent of Police Babu Ram said that three of the escapees were from Buxar district and one from adjoining Bhojpur district.
"We have launched an operation to trace their whereabouts and bring them back," he added.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why