Four prisoners escape from Buxar jail in Bihar
Buxar: Four prisoners accused of the murder of an under-trial today escaped from the Buxar sub-jail and a manhunt has been launched to nab them.
"We are trying to find out whether they fled by climbing the prison wall or simply walked out of the gates," Jail Superintendent Dev Kishun Singh said.
The escape of Aman Singh, Vishal Srivastava, Arman Ansari and Botal Yadav was discovered during the morning head count, he said.
They were accused in the murder of an under-trial prisoner Kamlesh Yadav in court premises two weeks ago, Singh said.
The four prisoners were arrested from the Danapur Railway Colony in Patna district.
Buxar Superintendent of Police Babu Ram said that three of the escapees were from Buxar district and one from adjoining Bhojpur district.
"We have launched an operation to trace their whereabouts and bring them back," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Wimbledon: British No. 3 Kyle Edmund faces 1st round exit.
- 'Bad cholesterol not linked to elderly deaths'
- Women's Kabaddi challenge set for debut, to begin alongside men's Pro Kabaddi
- Shahid Kapoor’s on-screen cousin 'Jassi' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you go weak in the knees – Pics inside
- Woman raped by husband, his brothers in Rajasthan; Maneka Gandhi asks NCW to probe